Good luck has never really followed me. I will lose it all in Vegas. I will get chosen to just first out of a plane. I won’t get picked for dinner with Letterman. I could be the only person to enter some kind of contest and lose. My entry would spontaneously burst into flame and catch a nearby hooker on fire immediately after.
My dad used to tell me, “if there is a 50/50 chance of being right, I’m wrong 90% of the time.” That phrase holds true to me today. If there is two of something I want at the store, I will always buy the broken or damaged one of those two. When I buy a car I know I have to buy the extended warranty because if I don’t, half a mile after the warranty expires my car will get hit by a satellite or the tires will turn into liquid. This is how I know I should not and will not ever go skydiving or bungee jumping.
My advice to all is to evaluate your luck and then determine how many minutes a week you should spend outside the comfort of your safe and secure home. I know for myself the only time I should spend outside the home is walking to and from the mailbox. Any longer and I risk getting a tan, making friends, being attacked by quail, or being run down by some crazy mom and her two seated stroller.
No comments:
Post a Comment