Sunday, November 20, 2011

Einstein Loved Bagels, Manners and Facebook

I was raised to exude good manners. I was taught to open doors for people, say please and thank you, listen intently, let my dates in and out of the car, refrain from talking about recent bowl movements, etc. I know some people really appreciate it and I had an experience where I got to see it firsthand.

I was at Einstein Brothers getting a few delicious cinnamon-sugar bagels with honey butter and cinnamon-sugar bagel poppers last Friday. On my way in, a middle-aged woman was right behind me. Without thinking about it, I opened the door for her and let her in first. She turned to me and said, “Oh thank you! That means you had to give up your spot in line to do that.” It wasn’t a big deal to me. I had the day off and didn’t have a single thing planned. After being in line for a few minutes, she turned to me with a smile and said, “I just facebooked about what you did for me.”

This experience was easily one of the top 8 greatest things to happen to me in a bagel shop. Granted I’ve only had maybe 3 memorable experiences in a bagel shop, it will forever be on the top 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment