I find myself in a love/hate relationship with Starburst lately. During the holidays Starburst put out their twin pack of pieces. It’s a great idea really if you’re anything like me. I find when I eat the loose pieces in the massive bag I set a goal of 8 or 9 pieces and before I know it, I’m ¾ of the way through the bag and have quadrupled my goal. The twin-pack allows you to grab the proper amount of pieces according to your goal.
There is however a devastating downside to the twin pack. The mystery of the flavor contained inside is almost enough to drive you to kill your family pet. There is however a slight chance for joy with this mystery. Just like any gamble really, you have potential to experience bliss along with the wondrous flavors contained inside. This chance for happiness does not come easy. What determines your feelings is the combo you get. There are 3 good combos and 1 GREAT combo. Your good combos are as follows in this order: Pink red, Red Red, or Red Orange. The greatest possible outcome is, of course, Pink Pink. Just the thought of it makes my mouth water. Which says a lot being that I just ate breakfast and Starburst is NOT a breakfast item. Despite the fact I eat them in the morning on a bi-monthly basis.
You may have noticed I didn’t mention yellow Starburst. There’s a very good reason for that. Yellow is the most
unwanted and disliked flavor or Original Starburst. It’s definitely hard seeing a yellow piece in your twin-pack. As long as there is any other flavor in the pack you’ve still got a little victory. Its like running a marathon except you finish dead last the following day. If you get the double yellow pack, you may as well burn your clothes and change into the unwashed sweats hidden behind the hamper. Once you’ve changed, feel free to eat the double yellow pieces. You will now at least have the attire to eat that candacious abomination.
Such a relevant and true-to-life dilema.. And bonus points to you for using the phrase "candacious abomination."
ReplyDelete~Tiff